Marriage can be difficult at times. Conflicts within relationships often disrupt peace. Most couples do not get married to be miserable. You may be starting a new relationship that is struggling to move forward or be in a committed relationship working to become closer.
However, a string of painful incidents may have left you questioning the vitality of your relationship. Don’t give up –hope is available! I have experience with a diverse range of couples from various racial, ethnic, and spiritual backgrounds. I assist couples with communication difficulties, financial stress, infidelity, trust issues, and failure to put their spouse first.
I offer the Gottman Method: a customized couple assessment that identifies a couple’s strength and growth areas. It is one of the most widely used programs for marriage counseling, marriage enrichment, and engaged couples.
The program helps couples:
• Explore strength and growth areas
• Strengthen communication skills
• Identify and manage major stressors
• Resolve conflict using the Ten Step Model
• Develop a more balanced relationship
• Explore family of origin issues
• Discuss financial planning and budgeting
• Establish personal, couple and family goals
• Understand and appreciate personality differences
For couples, Gottman Method sessions foster strength and areas of growth to help create the marriage couples long for. Regardless of where you might be in your current relationship, we all can use a “tune-up” every now and then. Don’t stay stuck.